Wednesday, November 14, 2007

4 weeks since throw up

It was so great to hear from so many of you this week. Thanks for your emails, your letters/cards, and your prayers. I feel so blessed to have so much support and it's been needed :0)
It was another good week, one with funny stories and great spiritual insights. We were able to head up to Kirtland with two of our investigators on Saturday. It was such a great experience both for me and for the investigators. We watched "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" and took a tour through the saw mill, ashery, Johnson Inn, Whitney home, and the Newel K. Whitney Store. I LOVE the Joseph Smith movie and every time I watch it it strengthens my testimony greatly. Being able to go to the Translation Room above the Newel K. Whitney Store where 17 revelations were received was so powerful; but going into the School of the Prophets had a profound impact upon me and all that were there. I was so amazed by the spirit that could be felt in that small room and to know throught that Spirit that Jesus Christ truly appeared to men there in that room. I was humbled again to know I've been sent to such a special, historic place to teach about and testify of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
We had stake conference this past Sunday and the focus was centered around Preach My Gospel. Our Stake President, President Centers, had asked everyone in the stake to read at least 4 sections from PMG before the conference. I was so impressed with the messages that were shared about the importance of relying on the spirit, keeping commitments to the Lord and helping others to do the same, and the importance of the Book fo Mormon for true conversion. President Peterson spoke about PMG and shared a story told by President Monson:
President Monson had been out of town on church business and got back late one evening to find Elder Ballard standing on his doorstep. Elder Ballard was holding the final draft of Preach My Gospel in his hand, as it was going to the printers the next day. Elder Ballard asked if President Monson would look over it just once more and President Monson consented. He told his wife he'd be to bed in a few minutes and began reading. He read all through the night and didn't realize it was morning. I know that the Brethren all contributed to the writing of this book, but to know that even those that helped author it caught the vision of this great resource is such a testimony to me of its power. It's been said numerous times (and I think it's attributed to President Packer) that Preach My Gospel was compsed on the other side of the beil and written/put together on this side. I testify to the truthfulness of that statement. The Lord truly is preparing His people for the Second Coming and this volume can support the scriptures in helping us to strenghten our testimonies of Jesus Christ, find those who are ready to hear and accept the gospel, and deepen our understanding of the teachings of the restored gospel. I love the scritpures, I love the Lord, and I love being able to stand as a witness of His Holy name. It's hard to represent a perfect person, but I am so grateful that the Lord has trusted me to be an instrument in His hands.
I have to go now, but I'll write more next week about the progress of our investigators and the funny stories from Stow. I love you all and please know you're in my prayers.
Love love love you,
Sister Cannariato

1 comment:

Anziano Cannariato said...

Steph has asked that I post the weekly email she sends her family on her blog.  She is being an obedient missionary and only using email and snail mail to communicate as opposed to her blog.  Keep her in your prayers.  Steph's Dad, Steve