Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Oh there's no place like Stow for the holidays

(Posted by Steph's Dad 12/19/07)

Holiday Greetings!

I only have 10 minutes because we have a lesson today at 12 (one of our investigators could only meet then this week) and then a man wouldn't get off the computer at his assigned time so I had to sneak onto a different one.

Anyways, things here are great. We have been able to do lots of Christmas things for investigators (a great way to increase daily contact with them!) and then we've been able to deliver the DVD Joy to the World to referrals we've received from members. We were able to get 20 referrals just for our area alone and the two sets of elders got a few as well. It's been great to share a Christmas message with people and invite them to learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We've seen some success from it and we're hoping for more.

Last Thursday we had mission conference. It was held at the Kirtland visitor's center as well as the Kirtland temple. They asked me to play the piano, so I was able to play "the Spirit of God" while over 100 missionaries sang it in the Kirtland temple. I caught a glimpse of what it must have been like for the saints to hear heavenly hosts singing with them as well. It was beautiful. President also gave us an opportunity to bear our testimonies while we were in the temple. It was again beautiful and amazing and an experience I'll never forget.

We're getting excited for Christmas--the Tallmadge ward really spoils the missionaries and I feel like I can't repay them for all they're giving us, Joy to the World referrals included. I'll be giving you a call in the afternoon on Christmas day, it'll probably be after we eat dinner around 1pm EST. Nicole, I'll try to call you on your cell phone too.

Yesterday we had a great time--I saw a man out on the street while tracting so we walked down to talk with him. He was starting to shovel his walk so Sister Corbridge offered to help. She ended up shoveling for an hour while I taught him the first lesson and a bit of the second. He'd met with missionaries before and we're excited to go back to meet with him again. Sister Corbridge is pretty sore today :) but it was worth it.

We also were able to have 5 lessons with a member present because a member of the singles branch, Leah, came with us for the day. I loved being able to share the gospel with her there. It was just a good day to teach and testify about Jesus Christ.

Sorry again for this being so short, but we have to get going to our appointment :) I love the Lord, I love this work, and I love love love you!

Love,

Sister Cannariato

p.s. I sent a padded envelope for the family...i hope it gets to you in time. you can open it when you get it! Love.

1 comment:

xaque said...

what's up with the lack of updates?