Sunday, August 12, 2007

the call

No, not the backstreet boys song (sorry to disappoint, Nicole.). I received my mission call eight days after my interview with President Bratt. I was super surprised, expecting it to come at the earliest this upcoming Wednesday. I was able to coordinate things and had four or five cell phones sitting out to let in those that couldn't be there in person.

Here are some shots and the actual video of me opening it...though I must put out a disclaimer that the videographer (bless his heart) didn't know that he needed to hold the camera one direction...but there you go.

my former roommate Emilyme and Nictalking to the famthe group who were there while i opened it (minus jake, nicole, aunt chris, uncle john, and isaac)

And (drumroll please) the actual opening:

2 comments:

xaque said...

so fantastic! I love it, love it, love it! Glad I was there in spirit. You are and will be great. Congrats on preparing and being worthy to bring the Lord's glorious gospel to God's children waiting for YOU!

Mark said...

Congratulations!