Monday, June 25, 2007

it's a love/hate thing

things I love from last week:
  • rice crispy treats: I forgot how good they taste and how easy/cheap they are to make!
  • the drive to heber: it's 60 miles round trip for four hours of work, but it's great think time and is just beautiful.
  • finding $7 cowboy boots at DI to wear to the Strawberry Days Rodeo...complete with snakeskin.
  • longboarding: I've always been nervous about board sports because I'm uncoordinated when it comes activities that require you to use your feet for skills other than running/jumping. but I went down provo canyon on a longboard saturday and realized just how great it really is. i'm thinking i may need to invest in one...
  • jinxes
  • late night chats with nicole
  • 4-wheel drive vehicles--they make the drive to silver lake SO much smoother!
  • looking at the stars while lying on an air matress in the middle of a lake
  • my own bed
  • hearing "lamanite" again at the manti pageant...it still makes me laugh!
  • feeling the spirit
  • my sunday night walk with Rachel
things i didn't like so much:
  • loud, techno music listening, expletive shouting, drunk out of their mind neighbors while camping that have a lovers' spat until 4am and nearly start a forest fire with the size of ginormous blaze
  • wanting more but not getting any...or at least as much as i want
  • being content being quiet and then feeling awkward for not being louder than the next person
  • feeling territorial when it's not my place to be so
  • the hard ground at the manti temple pageant (though it was definitely better than the chairs, let me tell you)
  • sleeping in. way sleeping in.
  • funny jokes in improper settings

3 comments:

Ashley said...

HA HA HA!!! LAMANITE!!! ME YOU LOVE. ME YOU SEE. ME NIGHT. KBYELOVEYOU!

Greg said...

..."wanting more but not getting any...or at least as much as i want"...hmmmmm...
Anyways, now you decide you want to longboard?!!! Please!.

Can Can said...

oh gregger, be nice. you guys never invited me to go. and i know, i know, by the same token, i never asked you guys to take me. but since you are such a good friend and love me so much, do you have any recommendations on board brands/styles? please? :)

and the wanting more reference has nothing to do with the "...hmmmmm..." to which you're referring, thank you very much. well, very little.